In December, I posted up trail cameras around the farm in an attempt to capture wildlife activities.
Last weekend, I went out to recover the cameras. The first part of the operation went well. I successfully recovered all of the cameras that I posted. I was worried that I would forget where I put them or that someone would steal them, so that was a good start. As I walked back to the house, my excitement grew. I imagined that each of the little SD memory cards carried a wealth of images that would make David Attenborough jealous.
When I got home, I jammed the first card into the reader on my computer and grew even more excited. There were more than 8,000 pictures on just one memory card. It was then that I realized that I had struck the animal picture jackpot. Here’s a sample of what I saw:
It seems like the camera had been set off approximately 8,000 times in the span of 30 days by an overactive tree branch. (Hard lesson learned: make sure your trail cameras aren’t directly near moving tree branches.)
Luckily, the other two cameras grabbed some pretty cool photos. Here are some of the highlights:
My friend Derek and I just posted the cameras back up in different spots around the farm. I plan to check back in next month and find even more wildlife stalker footage.